WHAT IS CESAHN?
CESAHN was established to ensure a strong and independent allied health perspective within Central and Eastern Sydney.
PHNs are newly established primary health care organisations designed to coordinate primary health care delivery and tackle local health care needs and service gaps. The key objectives of the Central and Eastern Sydney PHN are:
- improve the patient journey through developing integrated and coordinated services
- provide support to clinicians and service providers to improve patient care
- identification of the health needs of local areas and development of locally focused and responsive service
- facilitation of the implementation and successful performance of primary health care initiatives and programs
- be efficient and accountable with strong governance and effective management
Central and Eastern Sydney Allied Health Network will play an important role in monitoring the activities of the Central and Eastern Sydney PHN and ensuring that its programs meet the needs of allied health professionals.
In the same way that Central Sydney GP Network has been a united voice for General Practitioners over the last 20 years, Central and Eastern Sydney Allied Health Network will likewise now be an advocate for local allied health issues.
Central and Eastern Sydney PHN (CESPHN) is a not for profit company with member organisations including:
- Central and Eastern Sydney Allied Health Network
- Central Sydney GP Network
- General Practice Eastern Sydney
- GP Crew
- St George Division of General Practice
- Sutherland Division of General Practice
- Sydney Health Community Network
These member organisations each have their own board of directors and memberships.
CESAHN currently has a board made up of eight allied health professionals:
Tony Merritt, Clinical Psychologist Chair
Therese Bailey, Pharmacist
Sonia Bestulic, Speech Pathologist
Leanne Clark, Clinical Psychologist
Emily Chin, Dietitian
Dr Jenny Harasty, Speech Pathologist
Mark Stewart, Physiotherapist
Gulian Vaccari, Pharmacist
WHO CAN BE A CESAHN MEMBER?
The Central and Eastern Sydney Allied Health Network region covers the local government areas of Ashfield, Burwood, Canada Bay, Canterbury, Leichhardt, Marrickville, Strathfield, City of Sydney, Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick, Botany Bay, Sutherland Shire, Hurstville, Kogarah, Rockdale and Lord Howe Island local government area.
Membership of Central and Eastern Sydney Allied Health Network is open to the following allied health professionals whose practice is within the Local region:
- diabetes educators
- exercise physiologists
- mental health nurses
- occupational therapists
- social workers (mental health accredited)
- speech Pathologists
Central and Eastern Sydney Allied Health Network offers allied health professionals that practice in the region:
- business and practice management advice
- improved inter-professional communication
- team approach to local health care needs
- multidisciplinary networking
- professional development opportunities
- regular newsletters
In addition to the above benefits, CESAHN membership provides you with the opportunity to be more actively involved in the decision making through:
- nominating for Board Director and committee positions
- voting at AGM and General Meetings
- providing input into the local health care needs and work alongside GPs and other health care practitioners to develop and deliver programs to meet those needs.
COMMUNICATIONS WITH MEMBERS
- information evenings
- networking events
- general meetings
- consultation with local health professionals
- liaising with professional bodies on local issues
To join CESAHN, please download and complete one of the following applications:
- Ordinary Member - an Ordinary Member of the Company is an Allied Health Practitioner, who practices in the Central and Eastern Sydney PHN region and where registration is applicable holds continuing relevant registration at the time of application and after admission to Membership of the Company.
- Associate Member - an Associate Member of the Company is an allied health practitioner who practises in New South Wales but does not practice in the Central and Eastern Sydney PHN region and where registration is applicable, holds continuing relevant registration.
CESAHN Membership Application Online
Level 1, 158 Liverpool Rd
Ashfield NSW 2131
Phone: 9799 0933
Fax: 9799 0944
Dr Michael Moore, CESPHN Chief Executive Officer, is the Company Secretary for CESAHN.
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
For a full list of our funded programs, go to the CESPHN website and click on the Programs link in the top menu.
For a full list of our events go to Events page.
To return to CESPHN homepage click here.
PDF CESAHN Constitution
PDF Annual Report 2014
PDF Annual Report 2015
PDF CESAHN Associate Membership Application 2017
PDF CESAHN Ordinary Membership Application 2017
- Central and Eastern Sydney Allied Health Network
- Level 1, 158 Liverpool Road,
- Ashfield NSW 2131
- ph 02 9799 0933 fax 02 9799 0944
- This site is for Australian (New South Wales) Residents only.
- Central and Eastern Sydney Allied Health Network acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land that we work on. And strongly support practices that provide culturally appropriate services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.